|Top online rooms to play poker - FREE DOWNLOADS|
|Poker room||Sign up Bonus||Free download|
|Full Tilt Poker||100% to $600|
|Sportsbook poker||100% to $650|
|PartyPoker||30% to $150|
|PlayersOnly poker||100% to $650|
|Poker Stars||100% to $50|
You may already know that the first trip to a casino poker room is usually very exciting. There are many new extraordinary things to be met.
But you’ll be fine if you devote a few minutes for adaptation before you even sit down. Find below some pointers to take into consideration when you are sitting at the table to play poker at the casino.
1) As a rule, most casinos demand that you put up a stake equal to the big blind before you can get dealt in. Not all casinos have this requirement, so if you’re not sure about that, don’t be afraid to ask the dealer.
Don’t disturb yourself by posting if you’re near the big blind, because anyway you will have to pay the big blind in the nearest time. Playing poker at the casino poker room is exactly the same thing like playing any other poker game – it differs a little only because now you have a trained dealer running the game for you.
2) It is essential to call out your action always. It will ease the game considerably for you and your opponents at the table. There are so many situations that complicate the game and that would never happen if everyone just called his action. Thus, it’s better to get it in the habit from the beginning.
Give proper names to your actions: for instance, if you want to call, say ‘call’; if you want to raise, say ‘raise’, say the amount and then move your chips; if you want to fold, say ‘fold’.
Always calling your action you can also avoid the notorious string bet. (A string bet is when a player wishes to bet or raise and his comes out with only part of the bet and then returns to his stack for the rest of the bet. Such thing is not permitted and just the first part of the bet will count.).
3) It is crucial to have your cards visible before your stack and protected with a chip on top of them! This is demonstration for everyone that you are still in the hand. The chip on your cards is needed to defend your hand. If an opponent throws his cards toward the muck and he hits your hand by accident which doesn’t have a protection, your hand is dead, without any questions.
Moreover, sometimes it may happen that the dealer takes your unprotected hand and puts it in the muck if you are sitting in seat 1 or 10. In this case, your hand is dead, just like in previous situation. So always make sure that your hand is well protected.
4) Always follow the action . It is very irritating when there is a player who never knows whose turn it is. The dealer makes it evident whose action is on so always be ready to act when it is your turn.
5) For smoother game run use the stacks of 20 . I would advise to organize your chips into stacks of 20. This makes betting much easier. A stack of twenty $1s is $20; a stack of twenty $5s is $100; a stack of twenty $25s is $500; etc.
6) Before releasing your hand, always make certain they award you the pot . Many people have thrown their hand toward the centre of the table considering themselves the winners. And then, they have found that some other player holds a live hand.
In this case the pot is awarded to the last player with a live hand. So give your hand up only when the pot is shipped your way. Some dealers may provoke you asking to give them your hand first. Don’t do this ever. Only answer them: “I will trade you – my cards for the pot.”
7) If you have any question, don’t be afraid to ask . Don’t think that it will show everyone at the table that you are a fish. If you are not completely sure about anything that a casino does, ask the dealer, the poker manager, or anyone else.
You should remember that playing the first time at the casino and feeling intimidated is very natural . But this nervousness may not disturb you. After finding your seat, try to concentrate on the game. It is the only one thing that should make you be interested in and bring you the joy at the moment.
Let success attend you at the tables!!!